Some Key Sites
- Collected Domestic Partner Information.
- Equality for Gays and Lesbians Everywhere (Canada).
- Fight the Right Action Kit by NGLTF.
- Frameline. National organization supporting gay and lesbian filmmaking.
- Freedom to Marry.
- Gay Community Centers.
- GLAAD (formerly known as "Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation" which now seeks equitable representation of all LGBTQ people).
- How the Rainbow Flag was created and developed.
- The International Association of Lesbian/Gay Pride Coordinators.
- Lambda Educational Research Foundation. Major gay and lesbian educational resource.
- Lesbian Art Extensive bibliography.
- Lesbian Avengers.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association.
- Partners Task Force for Gay and Lesbian Couples.
- Out Magazine.
- OutProud!The National Coalition for Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Youth.
- P-FLAG Parents, Families and Friends of Gays.
- Queer America.
- Transgender Forum Home Page. An excellent, rather zine-like page of information and views on being transgendered.
- Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches. Resource for finding gay-friendly congregations.
Aids Activist Sites
Note: while AIDS effects all communities, its impact on the gay community has been horrendous, and lesbians and gay men have been at the forefront of the fight against the epidemic of signification (Treichler) in which homophobia, racism, sexisim, and ethnocentrism have deepened the crisis unnecessarily.
- AIDS Memorial Quilt.
- Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC). Site rich in information and patient advocacy issues.
- OutProud's. comprehensive research tool on gay/lesbian/bisexual issues.
- Positive Lives.
- Queer Resources Directory's Comprehensive AIDS Information and Activism list.
- San Franscisco AIDS Foundation.
- UNFPA AIDS Website. A UN run website with lots of news and links to AIDs issues affecting the world. Previously, operated the UN Aids Clock.
- Visual AIDS: Day With(out) Art. Alliance of gay and gay-friendly aritsts working against the crisis.