Some Key Sites
- Collected Domestic Partner Information.
- Equality for Gays and Lesbians Everywhere (Canada).
- Frameline. National organization supporting gay and lesbian filmmaking.
- Freedom to Marry.
- Gay Community Centers.
- GenderPAC (Gender Public Advocacy Coalition). Transgender national resource organization
- The International Association of Lesbian/Gay Pride Coordinators.
- Transgender Forum Home Page. An excellent, rather zine-like page of information and views on being transgendered.
- Lambda Educational Research Foundation. Major gay and lesbian educational resource.
- Lesbian Art Extensive bibliography.
- Lesbian Avengers.
- Llego (National Latino/a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Organization).
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
- National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association.
- Fight the Right Action Kit by NGLTF.
- Partners Task Force for Gay and Lesbian Couples.
- How the Rainbow Flag was created and developed.
- Queer America.
- GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation).
- Out Magazine.
- P-FLAG Parents, Families and Friends of Gays.
- OutProud!The National Coalition for Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Youth.
- PlanetOut. A rich and entertaining site serving and creating a "worldwide online communtiy of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.
- Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches. Resource for finding gay-friendly congregations.
Aids Activist Sites
Note: while AIDS effects all communities, its impact on the gay community has been horrendous, and lesbians and gay men have been at the forefront of the fight against the epidemic of signification (Treichler) in which homophobia, racism, sexisim, and ethnocentrism have deepened the crisis unnecessarily.
- ACT UP Golden Gate. The very active San Francisco branch.
- Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC). Site rich in information and patient advocacy issues.
- San Franscisco AIDS Foundation.
- OutProud's. comprehensive research tool on gay/lesbian/bisexual issues.
- AIDS Memorial Quilt.
- Visual AIDS: Day With(out) Art. Alliance of gay and gay-friendly aritsts working against the crisis.
- Queer Resources Directory's Comprehensive AIDS Information and Activism list.
- Positive Lives.
- UNFPA AIDS Clock.
- Voices of Positive Women. Women Live Strong Lives with HIV and AIDS.