Disability Rights and Independent Living Movements
- Disability Rights Movement. Smithsonian exhibit on the history of the US movement for disable rights.
Key Organizations And Activist Sites
- Americans with Disabilities Act Center. Contains full text of the American Disabilities Act (ADA), and a host of other information and links beyond legislative issues.
- Council for Disability Rights.
- Database of Learning Disability Resources.
- Disability.gov. The US federal government's website for comprehensive information about disability-related programs, services, policies, laws and regulations.
- Disability Information and Resources.
- Disability Resources. Excellent list of online resources from disability resources.org.
- Disability Resources. Huge alphabetical list of sources from Protection and Advocacy.
- Disability Rights Advocates. Specializing in legal issues.
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund.
- Disability Rights Movement Chronology. Timeline tracing the movement back to the early 19th century.
- Disability Social History Project. A community project of disabled folks trying to rediscover, retell and reclaim their/our history.
- International Center for Disability Resources.
- Learning Disabilities Online.
- National Association of the Deaf. Oldest and biggest deaf advocacy organization.
- National Organization on Disability (NOD).
- Tardive Dyskinesia. An awareness, rights and legal assistance site for this largely preventable disease.